Saturday, October 06, 2007

Likewise


So I've officially started grad school, and I thought I'd post a word or two about it. Here is the homepage for the program. It's called "information management" and it's meant to be a more general attempt at learning how to integrate and streamline a business' information systems, which usually include but aren't limited to IT.

This is all taking place on the UW campus, which is really a nice setting, especially after going to SCCC (which comes across more like a high school). The school apparently has something like 40,000 students, which rivals the population of my hometown.

So far I've gotten a chance to talk to nearly everyone in my program (there are only about 35 new students a year) and there's some interesting demographics. Over half of them are from out of the country, and class is split 50/50 by gender. Some pretty interesting people from all over.

My classes for the firs quarter are pretty diverse (and, I would add, expensive). They range from the human aspects of info mgmt, system design, and information security. We'll see how they go.

No comments: