Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ode to my phone!

It was a glorious day,
the day I gazed upon you
I remember taking you into the palm of my hand,
as a father would his child
(maybe not really his palm but you get the point)

Your screen was lit with joy,
My eyes inert with love,
my fingers frolicking across your keyboard
like a hippo on a riverbed
(hippo's frolic, I've seen it)

But days grew darker and darker,
and the skies churned louder and louder,
and lightning struck closer each day
as we made our way across the land

Then came that dreadful day,
the skies were glutted with darkness
as if the bowels of hell had whelmed
from where they belonged.

Then in the blink of an eye,
a blinding flame split the skies
and struck us down into a pool of forgetfullness;
surely this abyss you would not survive.
(This really did happen.)

As I came to I faced the sky,
it was a ghostly pale blue
with whispers of heavenly trees
which had no color, only peace.

Time wasn't long till I turned my head,
and peace turned to terror as I realized,
that next to myself there lay someone dead,
an empty shell of a once dear friend.

Treo come back!

No comments: