Thursday, June 08, 2006





Today is my final day "in." This is my last view of the ship as I left it in Japan two weeks ago. The 3 hour drive to pick up my paperwork is going to be worth it to finally say that I'm done. It definitely leaves me with a sense of new beginnings. I have to try to think of the reasons I joined and ask myself if it was worth it. Questions like that are doomed to lead to regret, which I always try to avoid. Instead I'm going to be glad that, unlike so many people, I've made it all the way through to the bitter end. At least I can say I stuck with it, right? I saw quite a few things and I learned even more things (not all of them good...). But in the end I believe not much has really changed from 6 years ago. I guess only time will tell.



I'll be staying in Seattle and trying to sort out as much as I can. I'm working on a lot of things at once: finding an apartment, writing a resume, writing a book, trying to put together a short still, etc. I've got plenty to fall back on, and I hope that everyone keep in touch via browne towne at least.

No comments: